- Acidity:High, bright, lemon citrus
- Aroma:Lemon, honey, frangipani, jasmine
- Flavour:Rich honey, lemon and kumquat flavours abound with a toffee and caramel finish.
Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Grade 2 BUZZ Coffee has provided Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Grade 2 since the day we opened.
Ethiopia is the birthplace of coffee: it is in the forests of the Kaffa region that Coffea Arabica grew wild. Coffee is "Bun" or "Buna" in Ethiopia, so Coffee Bean is quite possibly a poor anglicized interpretation of "Kaffa Bun". We consider Ethiopian coffees to be some of the best in the world. Most of the coffee is either wet-processed - resulting in a vividly bright cup, with fruit and floral notes - or dry-processed with the fruit skin intact. The latter technique produces a very different, rustic fruited flavor profile, and with thicker body.
The Cream of the Ethiopian Crop" – This distinctive Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Grade 2 coffee is grown high in the mountains in a very small area of the Sidamo region. A rather expensive-tasting, premium quality gourmet coffee worth every penny. Notable is the unique taste – remarkably soft, smooth and rich. More on the delicate side with a medium body, excellent balance, and what many call a soft perfume-like aroma. A winy, almost flowery taste is discernible. Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Grade 2 is roasted medium to bring out all of the unique characteristics of this simply remarkable African favourite.
Coffea Arabica was also found in the Harar region quite early, either brought from the Kaffa forests or from closer areas around the Sudan border. It is entirely possible that slaves taken from the forests chewed coffee cherry and spit out the seeds, thus spreading it into the Harar region, through which the Muslim slave trade route passed.
Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony
Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Grade 2 is one of the most prized East African coffees.
- When roasted to a medium-dark level, it has a smooth medium body and long, lingering finish.
- Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee is one of the worlds most sought after coffees.
- Offering a softly fragrant aroma, these coffee beans have a subtle floral scent and a satisfyingly intensified finish that would leave any coffee drinker's palate wanting more.
BUZZ Coffee now sells its entire range of specialty blends and single origin coffee online. Buy some BUZZ coffee beans online today.